Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
See our full political calendar.
Boise Chamber Congressional Forum with Jim Risch
When: Thursday, February 21, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: The Riverside Hotel, 2900 W Chinden Blvd, Boise, ID
Join us to hear from U.S. Senator Jim Risch at our first Congressional Forum of 2019. More info and register here.
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- The Government Says It Is Not Coming For Your Guns, But It Is Coming For Your Bump Stocks (Boise State Public Radio)
- State Legislature Looking At Bill To Ease First-Time Pot Possession Punishment In Idaho (Boise State Public Radio)
- Hailey mayor will not seek re-election (Mountain Express)
- Idaho moves closer to testing nearly all sexual assault kits as bill passes committee (Times-News)
- Marsy's Law passes Idaho Senate with support from Magic Valley lawmakers (Times-News)
- Idaho U.S. Sen. Jim Risch: ‘No evidence of collusion’ in Russia investigation (Idaho Statesman)
- This employee worried ITD’s radiation tools were missing. Then he got fired. Now, he’s suing (Idaho Statesman)
- Bill to keep Idaho board that pays feds to kill wolves headed to governor (Idaho Statesman)
- Idaho's surcharge on electric, hybrid cars far exceeds their impact on roads (Idaho Press)
- Little slows down minimum teacher salary boost, as school budget-setting approaches... (Idaho Press)
- School budget with 6.1% increase draws unanimous support (Idaho Press)
- Marty Trillhaase: Staben got the MVP for playing an exhibition game (Lewiston Tribune)
- Measure’s mission: Make federal regulators ‘more accountable’ (Lewiston Tribune)
- Bill addresses Idaho processing potato contracts (Capital Press)
- School funding formula rewrite a failure (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- Less than a week left for Medicaid expansion (Idaho Reports)
- Idaho's 'go-on rate' shows no improvement (Idaho Education News)
- CBS’s Lara Logan Calls Media ‘Mostly Liberal’ in Scorched Earth Interview: I’m Committing ‘Professional Suicide’ (Mediaite)
- Graham Vows To Investigate 'Administrative Coup' In FBI, Justice Department (NPR)
- Second Justin Fairfax accuser calls for public hearing into assault allegations (FOX News)
- Democrats brush off GOP 'trolling' over Green New Deal (The Hill)
- Why Trump will win the wall fight (The Hill)
- Venezuela was my home, and socialism destroyed it. Slowly, it will destroy America, too. (USA Today)
- An illegal immigrant killed my daughter. Trump's right — we must complete the border wall. (USA Today)
- Elizabeth Warren to release universal child care plan paid by 'wealth tax' (CNN)
- Sen. Kamala Harris: ‘I Am Not a Democratic Socialist’ (Daily Beast)
- Kamala Harris Faces Questions About ‘Democratic Socialist’ Label and Jussie Smollett in N.H. Debut (New York Times)
- Bill de Blasio: AOC Didn't Understand Amazon Deal...at All (Townhall)