Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
Political news notes: NEPA changes . . . Women’s March . . . Econ Advisory Council . . . ‘I Voted’ . . . Gov’s schedule
See our full political calendar.
Nez Perce County Republican Women Meeting
When: Tuesday, January 14, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, 621 21st St, Lewiston, ID
North Idaho Pachyderm Club
When: Friday, January 17, 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Where: IHOP, 2301 N 4th St, Coeur d'Alene, ID
Come join us every Friday at 7 a.m.
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- Idaho GOP To State Lawmakers: Close The Presidential Primary Loophole (Boise State Public Radio)
- Idaho Expected To Set Record For Farm Net Income (Boise State Public Radio)
- What local lawmakers are watching in the 2020 session (Mountain Express)
- Police could give tickets for eating while driving throughout Idaho (Times-News)
- Idaho could restrict process for birth certificate gender change (Times-News)
- Sen. Guthrie plans bill to enable undocumented aliens to earn driving privileges (State Journal)
- Idaho’s Risch walks back earlier statements indicating U.S. is headed to war with Iran (Idaho Statesman)
- Want to use your phone and drive in Idaho? This new proposal may make you think twice (Idaho Statesman)
- High property taxes. Costly homes. Panhandling. What Boise’s new mayor says she’ll do (Idaho Statesman)
- Idaho snowpack could go either way, experts say (Idaho Press)
- Little talks benefits of career tech classes during visit to Bonneville (Idaho Press)
- Eye on Boise: And the bill for the treasurer office lawsuit goes to… all of us (Idaho Press)
- Proposal would raise sales tax, phase out school supplemental levies (Idaho Press)
- Little: Literacy funding a must (Lewiston Tribune)
- Business community praises Little’s judicious investments in lean budget (Idaho Business Review)
- Idaho ag, resources get nod in governor's budget (Capital Press)
- Little’s budget serves as an important course correction (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- The Legislature's laborious rules of engagement (Idaho Education News)
- 2019: A Year the News Media Would Rather Forget (Rolling Stone)
- Iranian protesters refuse to walk on US, Israeli flags (Jerusalem Post)
- Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter (Washington Examiner)
- Vladimir Putin endorses 2020 Democrats energy policy (Washington Examiner)
- Taiwan’s president re-elected as voters back tough China stance (CNBC)
- Why trouble in the Middle East no longer means an oil price hike (Spectator)
- I campaign for the extinction of the human race (Guardian)
- Polling Experts: Democrats More Likely to Nominate ‘No One’ Than Elizabeth Warren (Free Beacon)
- The real reason reporters trashed Gervais' monologue (Hollywood in Toto)
- John Kerry Claims Obama 'Never Had a Whiff of Scandal' So Let's Remind Him Of Some (PJ Media)
- Making Labor Rules Rational Again (Wall Street Journal)