Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
See our full political calendar.
Idaho Falls Young Professionals Network BBQ
When: Tuesday, Aug 13, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Civitan Park, 900 West Elva, Idaho Falls
YPN is an inclusive group designed to provide career-minded young professionals with opportunities to develop socially, professionally and civically. The group consists of members from various industries and businesses and all career levels. YPN offers many opportunities for our members to cultivate meaningful relationships while serving as a resource for our community. More info.
Kootenai Democrats Dem Club Happy Hour
When: Tuesday, Aug 13, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Thai Bamboo Restaurant, 2010 N 4th St, Coeur d'Alene, ID
This informal bi-weekly gathering offers a free-wheeling discussion of local and state current events. It is a mid-week evening alternative for Democrats to meet, mingle, and discuss issues with a crowd of congenial people. More info.
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- Trump's Gun Speech Stirs Anger In Traditional Idaho Allies (Boise State Public Radio)
- Joe Biden pitches vision to Blaine County (Mountain Express)
- Twin Falls will not consider proposal to ban abortions (Times-News)
- Reclaim Idaho expects challenge to initiative process (Times-News)
- Crapo talks marijuana, health care in Grant (Post Register)
- Idaho medical marijuana advocates can start gathering signatures for 2020 ballot initiative (Idaho Statesman)
- Idaho sage grouse numbers have dropped 52% since 2016. Will management changes help them? (Idaho Statesman)
- Attorney: Freedom Foundation didn't violate campaign finance laws (Idaho Press)
- Marty Trillhaase: Scott and Cynthia and Kevin and Marlene (Lewiston Tribune)
- Lawmakers ‘kick the tires’ of Medicaid expansion (Lewiston Tribune)
- Skip Oppenheimer: Idaho’s voice on the Federal Reserve (Idaho Business Review)
- BSU’s diversity agenda doesn’t work in the corporate world (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- Common Core hearings scheduled, a chance to undo bad policy (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- A showdown on Common Core? (Idaho Education News)
- Oh, Joe! Biden blunders pile up (Axios)
- Civility is dead — except in real life (Washington Examiner)
- Iowa State Fair poses pork problem for vegan Cory Booker: 'What is the poor guy to do?' (Washington Times)
- The inconvenient truth about the El Paso shooter (Spectator)
- Seven Republicans call for Ethics Committee investigation into Castro (Roll Call)
- Capitalism is Saving the Planet: Minnesota Forests Are Flourishing (American Experiment)
- MSNBC Contributor: ‘I Want Pitchforks And Torches’ Outside Trump Fundraiser’s Home (Red State)
- Marianne Williamson says 'powerful forces' on the left out to end presidential campaign (FOX News)
- ‘The Hunt’ Theatrical Release Pulled By Universal Following Mass Shootings & Donald Trump Slam Against Hollywood (Deadline)
- Italy's Salvini Tells Richard Gere to Take Stranded Migrants to Hollywood on his Jet (Reuters)
- Conspiracy Theories Erupt After Jeffrey Epstein’s Death (Daily Beast)