Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
See our full political calendar.
District 15 Dems Dinner Huddle
When: Tuesday, April 23, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Casa Mexico, 10332 W Fairview Ave # 104, Boise, ID
Bonneville County Republican Women Meeting
When: Thursday, April 25, 12 pm. to 1 p.m.
Where: Location varies
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- Reclaim Idaho Wants To Remove State Lawmakers Over Medicaid, Initiatives Bills (Boise State Public Radio)
- Idaho lawmakers adjourn for the year (Mountain Express)
- Freshman Magic Valley legislators reflect on their first session (Times-News)
- During Jerome school visit, Gov. Little says session was imperfect but successful (Times-News)
- Little: Fix initiatives with campaign finance laws (Post Register)
- Trucker faces felony for hauling what he said was hemp through Idaho. Now he’ll go to trial. (Idaho Statesman)
- Medical debt nightmare: Why a woman could end up paying over $5,550 for her $294 doctor’s visit (Idaho Statesman)
- Idaho just settled another whistleblower case. This one cost the state $545,000. (Idaho Statesman)
- Idaho a national leader in opioid antidote availability, as federal efforts gear up (Idaho Press)
- State won't buy back bank building after all, amid House-Senate spat (Idaho Press)
- Marty Trillhaase: It’s folly to trust the Idaho Legislature, but you did (Lewiston Tribune)
- Little listened to the ‘real people’ (Lewiston Tribune)
- Business community learns about little-known research and development tax credit (Idaho Business Review)
- Legislature provides $8M for new ISDA lab (Capital Press)
- Idaho’s Legislature continues path in the right direction (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- Little will temporarily reinstate agency rules (Idaho Education News)
- NY Times: Say, This Steele Dossier Appears To Be False (And Maybe Was A Russian Disinformation Effort) (Hot Air)
- Obama’s Campaign Paid $972,000 To Law Firm That Secretly Paid Fusion GPS In 2016 (Federalist)
- The unwitting Committee to Re-elect the President (OC Register)
- For some millennials, climate change clock ticks louder than biological one (NBC News)
- Gen Z Will Be the Ultimate Pot Consumers (Bloomberg)
- Second Amendment 'sanctuary county' movement expands as organizers take aim at new gun laws (Chicago Tribune)
- Should a White Man Be the Face of the Democratic Party in 2020? (New York Times)
- The Last Kennedy (Atlantic)
- From Reagan to Zelensky, stars who went into politics (AFP)
- Frustration grows among migrants in Mexico as support fades (Associated Press)
- Mexican troops disarmed American soldiers on US side of the border (Washington Examiner)