Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
See our full political calendar.
Boise Chamber Congressional Forum with Jim Risch
When: Thursday, February 21, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: The Riverside Hotel, 2900 W Chinden Blvd, Boise, ID
Join us to hear from U.S. Senator Jim Risch at our first Congressional Forum of 2019. More info and register here.
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- Constitutional Amendment Could Give GOP The Upper Hand In Idaho Redistricting (Boise State Public Radio)
- Booze Projected To Be Billion Dollar Boon For Idaho (Boise State Public Radio)
- Bill would restore conservation fund (Mountain Express)
- Marsy's Law headed to Senate floor with mixed reactions from Magic Valley (Times-News)
- Twin Falls lawmaker introduces bill to forbid motorcycle profiling (Times-News)
- Risch at Lincoln Day Dinner: 'It's a good time to be a Republican' (State Journal)
- New bill would ban racist algorithms from setting bail (Post Register)
- Idaho Falls Rep. Barbara Ehardt introduces sex ed bill (Post Register)
- FBI investigating suspicious letters sent to Sen. Risch’s Idaho offices (Idaho Statesman)
- Idaho tax revenues miss forecasts again in January (Idaho Press)
- Idahoans give emotional pleas for lawmakers to expand Medicaid without delay (Idaho Press)
- Tempers fray in Idaho House in battle over redistricting (Idaho Press)
- Marty Trillhaase: Picked cleaner than a plate of fried chicken (Lewiston Tribune)
- Her place in this world: First lady Teresa Little has extensive ties to Moscow area (Lewiston Tribune)
- Gov. Little planning broadband task force (Idaho Business Review)
- Idaho legislators eye cultivation of hemp (Capital Press)
- Stop socialism by repealing Medicaid expansion (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- Former director of Idaho’s teachers union accuses the president of sexual harassment (Idaho Reports)
- Education groups express concern with proposed school funding formula (Idaho Education News)
- Ocasio-Cortez adviser admits he falsely claimed Green New Deal didn't promise security for those 'unwilling' to work' (FOX News)
- Nancy Pelosi gets rock star treatment at Clive Davis gala (Associated Press)
- Congress at an impasse as a new government shutdown looms (CNBC)
- Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax again denies sex assault claims, saying encounters were 'consensual' (FOX News)
- Polls show Virginians are divided on Ralph Northam. The jury’s still out on Justin Fairfax. (Vox)
- Rep. Adam Schiff Had Secret Meeting Fusion GPS’ Glenn Simpson (The Lid)
- L.A. City Hall, overrun with rats, might remove all carpets amid typhus fears (Los Angeles Times)
- Dems Squirm as Graham Calls for a Vote on the Green New Deal (PJ Media)
- ‘Impartial’ fact-checkers are revealing their partisanship against Trump (New York Post)
- Oregon has more legal cannabis than the state can consume in six years (Quartz)
- Google May Be Complying With Russian Internet Censors, but We’re Not Really Sure (Slate)