Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
See our full political calendar.
Boise Chamber Indonesia-Boise Business Forum 2019
When: Tuesday, June 25, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Where: Inn at 500 Capitol, 500 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID
Please join us for a reception and business update from the Indonesian Consul General in San Francisco who will be visiting the Treasure Valley. Consul General Simon D.I. Soekarno is accompanied by the Indonesia Trade Promotion Center in Los Angeles who can provide more information on Indonesia's economic development and trade opportunities with Indonesia. More info.
District 15 Dems Dinner Huddle
When: Tuesday, June 25, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Casa Mexico, 10332 W Fairview Ave # 104, Boise, ID
More info email.
Boise Chamber BYP 101: Brown Bag Lunch
When: Wednesday, June 26, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Boise Metro Chamber, 1101 W Front St #100, Boise, ID
Come and learn what Boise Young Professionals is all about.This brief workshop will review all programs and events as well as give you the inside scoop on how to get build your network and get the most out of your membership. Members, nonmembers and guest are invited. The first 20 minutes will be time to network with participants. More info.
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- How Will Idaho Pay For Medicaid Expansion? This Group Is Looking Into It. (Boise State Public Radio)
- Trump Proposal Could Change How Many People Get SNAP, Medicaid And Other Benefits (Boise State Public Radio)
- Idaho Militia Offering Help To Missing Oregon Republican Senators (Boise State Public Radio)
- Pocatello mayor, council mull sizable raises for themselves (State Journal)
- It’s official. Raul Labrador hopes to serve as Idaho GOP chairman, support Trump’s re-election (Idaho Statesman)
- 11 Oregon GOP senators flee to avoid climate change vote. They may be hiding in Idaho (Idaho Statesman)
- Former Ada treasurer agrees to enter misdemeanor plea in misuse of public funds case (Idaho Press)
- Marty Trillhaase: Doing the most good for the most Idahoans (Lewiston Tribune)
- Legislators sue Idaho state treasurer (Lewiston Tribune)
- Medicaid expansion hearing is Thursday (Lewiston Tribune)
- Lackluster results prove Idaho must end Common Core (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- Little republishes administrative rules (Idaho Education News)
- Media Knives Come Out: ABC Hits Joe Biden and Son's Suspect Dealings in Ukraine and China (PJ Media)
- New documents revisit questions about Rep. Ilhan Omar's marriage history (Star-Tribune)
- Why Is Illinois Hemorrhaging Residents? (Pew)
- Buttigieg criticized at emotional town hall after shooting (Associated Press)
- Inside Trump’s $50 billion economic plan for Mideast peace (CNBC)
- Who Gets to Own the West? (New York Times)
- Roseanne Barr Joins Andrew Dice Clay for 'Mr. and Mrs. America' Comedy Tour (Hollywood Reporter)
- In Mideast, Pompeo seeks a global coalition against Iran (Associated Press)
- US struck Iranian military computers this week (Associated Press)
- Politicians need to move fast as Facebook & Co move into finance (Reuters)
- Trump denies he threatened to demote Fed chairman Powell (New York Post)