Idahoans are pleased by the way state officials handled wildfires this past summer, a new Idaho Politics Weekly poll shows.
While Idaho had a few bad fires this season, neighboring states Washington, Oregon and especially California suffered much more.
Pollster Dan Jones & Associates finds:
- 19 percent of Idahoans said the state did an “excellent” job in firefighting this summer.
- 36 percent said the state did “very well.”
- A quarter said state officials did “well” in fighting fires.
- 10 percent said they just did a “fair” job.
- While only 5 percent gave state officials a “poor” rating in fighting wildfires.
You can read more about Idaho summer wildfires here.
Jones polled 586 adults between Sept. 22-30; the margin of error being plus or minus 4.05 percent.