Most Idahoans are sticky fairly close to home this summer, with only 4 percent saying they are planning a vacation outside of the U.S., a new Idaho Politics Weekly poll finds.
And, unfortunately for them, 28 percent say they won’t be taking a vacation at all this summer, finds pollster Dan Jones & Associates.
Let’s hope they can get away for some time off this winter or next spring.
Idaho is, of course, a vacation destination itself.
And so many Idahoans are employed in the tourist industry and so need to be working this summer.
Some of Jones’ numbers:
- 35 percent of Idahoans say they will vacation inside of Idaho this summer.
- 30 percent say they plan to take a vacation outside of Idaho, but inside of the United States.
- Only 4 percent said they plan to leave the country on a vacation this year. (Canada is only a few miles away, after all.)
- 28 percent said they won’t be taking a vacation this summer.
- And 3 percent said they still don’t know what they will be doing this summer as far as a formal vacation is concerned.
Jones polled 606 adults from June 22-July 9. The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percent.