Your one-stop source for Idaho political, government and public policy information, presented by Zions Bank. Subscribe to have our weekly e-newsletter delivered to your in-box each Monday morning.
Here's the latest news
Political news notes: Property tax group . . . Dem motion rejected . . . Zito announces for Senate . . . town hall series continues . . . salmon working group
See our full political calendar.
Magic Valley Republican Women Meeting
When: Wednesday, Sept 18, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: El Cazador | Mexican Restaurant, 113 Broadway Ave S, Buhl, ID
2019 Boise Mayor's State of the City Address
When: The Egyptian Theatre, 700 W Main St, Boise, ID
Where: West Ada School District - Auditorium 1303 E Central Drive, Meridian, ID
Boise is recognized as one of the country’s most successful cities. During this year’s State of the City, Mayor Bieter will talk about the benefits and challenges of that success and what it means for the future of our city. The Mayor will give his remarks from 4-5 p.m., with a reception to follow on the Basque Block from 5-7 p.m. More info.
To submit events to the Idaho Politics Weekly calendar please use our contact form here.
- SVED: Blaine County economy ‘isn’t working’ for many locals (Mountain Express)
- Finding could expand Indians’ land claims (Mountain Express)
- Idaho Attorney General Won't Accept Purdue Settlement (Boise State Public Radio)
- Proposed Pocatello airport projects could bolster Idaho overseas trade (State Journal)
- Sen. Bert Brackett announces he won't seek reelection (Times-News)
- Clif Bar CEOs call for path to citizenship for migrant workers (Times-News)
- Idaho has two cases of lung disease linked to vaping. Health officials are on alert (Idaho Statesman)
- The Idaho Democratic Party hired a new executive director. Two days later, it fired him. (Idaho Statesman)
- Former candidate for ID governor investigated in 1984 Colorado cold case killing (Idaho Statesman)
- Governor to lead 'diplomatic mission' to Basque Country, Ireland (Idaho Press)
- Lawmakers want counties to kick in up to $10M for Medicaid expansion next year (Idaho Press)
- Sen. Risch warns of 'new period of international rivalry' (Idaho Press)
- Marty Trillhaase: How is this enhancing the work of the voters? (Lewiston Tribune)
- Boise State to faculty and staff: Come learn how white people are racists (Idaho Freedom Foundation)
- Schroeder, Zito announce plans to run for open Dist. 23 Senate seat (Idaho Reports)
- Vaping industry has already laid groundwork for potential legislative fights (Idaho Reports)
- High demand puts school safety office behind schedule (Idaho Education News)
- The New York Times Anti-Kavanaugh Bombshell Is Actually a Dud (National Review)
- When the Culture War Comes for the Kids (Atlantic)
- Mika Brzezinski Pushes The Idea That Trump Isn’t Barron’s Father (Daily Caller)
- Yes, They Are Coming for Your Guns (National Review)
- The Climate-Change Depressives (Commentary)
- Poll: GOP Could Rebound in Orange County and New Mexico (RealClearPolitics)
- Our democracy is being overthrown by the EU’s Hideous Strength (Telegraph)
- 2,246 fetal remains found on property of abortion doctor who recently died (Sun-Times)
- ‘People Actively Hate Us’: Inside the Border Patrol’s Morale Crisis (New York Times)
- Lawmakers Seek Intel From Customers in Big Tech Probe (Yahoo Finance)
- U.S. readies emergency oil reserves in wake of Saudi attacks (Reuters)